Crafts are very therapeutic and kids love it.
- Wood Plaque
- Medium Stock Print Paper
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Foam Paint Brushes
- Paint and Scissors
- Take a profile photograph of your child and print it out on medium stock print paper
- Cut out the silhouette with scissors. Make sure to keep some nice details like wisps of hair or lashes to further personalize.
- Place the cutout on a piece of cardboard (or something you can paint on) and then paint black with a foam brush. Set aside to dry.
- Now paint your wood plaque in the color of your choice. 2-3 coats will be necessary for full coverage. Let dry. Let your child chose the color they want for their silhouette.
- Next apply mod podge to the back of your cut out and place it in the center of your wood plaque, making sure to flatten it out evenly. Make sure all edges are glued down.
- Once dry, apply mod podge in even vertical strokes over entire plaque. This will dry clear. Once dry, add more coats as needed.
- Mount on your wall and let your stylish DIY memories begin!
Voila! The finished product…