Ingredients I use:
- Original chai tea (if you like sweet drinks)
- Slightly sweet chai tea (less sweet)
- Chamomile tea (for kids version)
- Tapioca Pearls (get at Asian grocery store)
- Milk (or any substitute you like)
- Wide beverage straws (get at Asian grocery store)
How to made adult version:
- Boil water in large pan (1 liter of water).
- Add tapioca pearls to boiling water (I use 1 cup for 3 people), which is half the bag.
- Boil uncovered for about 1-2 minutes – until the pearls float and swell a little.
- Lower heat to low – cover – and simmer for 5 minutes (I set my kitchen timer)
- Scoop out the tapioca pearls with a strainer and add them to bottoms of cups. (We like a lot!- I refill my cup with more chai tea/milk)
- Add chai tea and then milk (some people like half milk and half chai tea- we like lots of chai tea and a splash of milk)
- Add ice – done!!!
- Same steps as above except make chamomile tea and use that – calming and relaxing drink for kids! Or use green tea which smooths or brain waves!!!
Tips: I make myself tea and I save a premade cup for kids/husband in the fridge. The tapioca pearls store great if submerged in liquid.