1. Scavenger Hunt: Divide into 2 teams, and each team goes into one room. Each team creates a list of items (agree on a number) for the other team to find. Exchange lists, and see who can complete the list first.
2. Pictionary: Similar to charades, but you draw rather than act out the clues. Modify it: Have the adults and older kids do most of the drawing, and let the littlest join in energetically for the guessing! See my other post for game details.
3. Charades: Divide equally into 2 teams. Each team chooses a tv show, quote, movie, song, or book for other team to take turns acting out.
4. Classification: Each person creates a grid of 6 by 6 boxes. Agree on 5 categories, and choose a 5 letter word. Set the timer for 10 minutes, and try to come up with an item in each category for each letter of the word. See my other post for game details.
5. Treasure Hunt: one person creates a series of clues, leading up to a treasure. Hand the first clue to the players. It will lead to the location where the next clue is hidden. Everyone can work together or compete in teams to find a small “treasure” hidden at the end. The treasure can be as simple as lunch or a small snack for everyone.
- Click Here for a Post with More “Get to Know You Games” ~ free printable board game & All About Me Worksheets!
- Click Here for Feelings Tic-Tac-Toe Game (free printable)
- Click Here for Details on Playing Pictionary for Family Game Night
- Click Here for my post containing many FREE printable Feeling Charts.
- Click Here for my post containing many FREE Emotion Cards.
- Click Here for 3 free worksheets/activities teach kids emotional mental health skills (chutes & ladders to teach rewards/consequences; journal prompts for boys – summer theme & Lego Activity practice following directions)
- Click Here for Operation Game used to teach kids Social Emotional Skills (free printable cards)
- Click Here for Uno Dare Card game with an extra twist to make it into a Family Bonding Game!
- Click Here for Anger Alternatives Game “Don’t Get Mad” (free printable – all you need is a penny & players!)
- Click Here for Social Emotional Trivia Game (Divorce) and Friendship Cards – free printable
- Click Here for Classic Board Games with a therapeutic twist for kids (Candyland, Sorry, Jenga, Pick up the Stick, Connect Four)