Free printable to this List of Questions here (PDF): Questionstohelpparentstalkabouttheirchildsschoolday
**Download printable has both a Spanish and English version!!!
Going beyond “How was your day?”
Questions to ask your child after school to get a
1. What was the best thing that happened at school today?
2. What was the worst thing that happened at school today?
3. What was the hardest thing you had to do today?
4. Tell me something that made you laugh today.
5. Tell me about what you read in class today. What did your
teacher read to you today?
6. If you could choose, who would you like to sit by in class? Who
would you not want to sit by in class? Why?
7. What’s the biggest difference between this year and last year?
8. Who did you sit by at lunch today? What did you talk about?
9. Can you show me something you learned today?
10. What part of school is your favorite?
11. Tell me the name of 3 kids you sat next to today.
16. What are you looking forward to at school
17. Did you get frustrated with anything at
18. Were you able to finish all of your work
19. Tell me about a new word you heard today
20. If I called your teacher tonight what would
she/he tell me about you?
12. What was the most interesting/funny thing your teacher said
13. What class rules does your teacher say are important?
14. Tell me one interesting fact about your teacher.
15. What’s your favorite time of day at school?
Going beyond “How was your day
21. What made you happy today?
22. Did anything make you sad today?
23. How did you help somebody today?
24. How did someone help you today?
25. Were you bored at all today?
26. Who would you like to play with at recess that you’ve never
played with before?
27. What word did your teacher say the most today?
28. What do you think you should do/learn more of at school?
29. What do you think you should do/learn less of at school?
30. How were you a good friend today?
31. Where do you play the most at recess?
32. Did anyone do something nice for you today?
33. Did you do anything nice for anyone today?
34. Was it noisy or quiet today during class? Which do you like
35. Ask about a specific friend in your child’s class.
36. What questions did you ask today?
37. Tell me what you learned today that you did not know before.
38. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your day? How
could you make it a 10?
39. If you got one wish about school, what would it be?
40. Who is the funniest person in your class? Why is he/she funny?
41. What was your favorite part of lunch?
42. What challenged you most today?
43. If you got to be the teacher tomorrow what would you do?
44.!If you could switch seats with anyone in the class who would you
trade with?! Why?
45. Tell me!about three different times you used your pencil today
46. What do you like most about school?
47. What do you like least about school?